Friday, April 10, 2009

First 5k Ever at 8:15am

Tomorrow morning Kyle, my mom and I are "wogging" the Purity Challenge at Metro Center in Nashville. We are having to get up at the ungodly hour of 6 on a Saturday (yes, that is ungodly since I DO NOT rise before noon on Saturdays). This is my first official race ever. Yes, I'm 25 years old and I haven't done a race, but you have to start somewhere.

In January, we are planning on doing the Walt Disney World Half Marathon and have started training. We're in the beginning stages right now so, our jogs are pretty short. I am really excited about the half. I have been talking to friends and listening to podcasts about the race, so I feel like I CAN DO IT! If someone that is several years older than me do the race, then I can do it too. I really hope to keep posting about our training.

Going to bed now. Thanks for reading.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment