Thursday, June 9, 2011

Girls Day Design Development

Tonight, I am trying my hardest to get a theme logo designed for an event called Girls Day. I am at the point in the process where I should probably take a break and let the ideas marinate for a bit, but I wanted to show where I am now and what I've been told they want. First, here's a bit of information about the event.

One Saturday in early August, a church will host an event for several other church groups of ladies and girls at their building for an all day lecture style event. Every year the theme has been given to me and I've not had issues with designing because they knew exactly what they wanted and I executed it. This year it is a bit different. The theme is "The Lord is My Rock." They are interested in using nature colors like green, blue, and brown with a tree, rock and an owl thrown in there somewhere. Below I'll show you what I've got for inspiration. I think I need to go and spend some serious time with my sketch book trying to figure this one out. I'll also try to post a couple of ideas that I'm toying with and are most certainly not finished. I hope by throwing this out there, I'll get some feedback or I'll at least get another idea once I think about it more.




Here is some purchased art for the shirt.





















Here are a few type ideas. Remember that these are very rough.






No comments:

Post a Comment