Thursday, March 12, 2009

Communication

Today I read a friend's blog about communication. I am posting a link here to the blog and my response below.

Dale's Blog

My Response:

I am in the business of communication, healthcare marketing to be exact. Communication is essential to being a good marketer. Recently as a firm we have embraced social media. Before we embraced it as a firm, over half us were already on both facebook and twitter. We also have a blog, but I'm not going to talk about it today. We have taken the opportunity to market via twitter and facebook. We are looking into other social media ways to market, but these are just two that we are currently focusing on. Recently, we have encouraged our clients to become a part of both facebook and twitter in order to network.

We also use email marketing as one of our main ways to communicate with our client's clients. We do not use constant contact, but Emma. Emma serves us better as a company than as ConstantContact's non-profit and small business work. CC seems to be doing great work. Some of our long lasting non-profit clients are using them and are happy.

I have found that twitter has helped me in getting in contact with experts in certain fields. It has been great to form relationships with these people and learn new things. Facebook has done about the same thing for me, but has kept me in contact with friends from school from years past.

Twitter is fun and very informative. Remember when the plane crashed in the Hudson River? That story was first posted on twitter. Also, I use it to get news. I get the most important news from twitter since its so much faster than reading the entire story. Of course you can't believe everything that is on twitter but you can get someone's opinion. Twitter has paid off when it comes to traveling. You can count on someone posting that there is wreck up ahead and you can change your driving plans for that day. The bottom line is to just be smart when twittering and facebooking.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment